WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2019
6:00PM – 8:00PM
Sign in opens at 5:30PM
924 W. Hanover Street
Marshall, MI 49068
Parent, Grandparents, Caregivers: Skills for Effective Parent Advocacy
This workshop will explore skills parents can use to become more effective advocates for their child with a disability, including:
- understanding your child’s disability
- knowing your school district
- knowing your rights and responsibilities
- organize your paperwork to support clear and effective communication
- understanding the special education process
- knowing how to resolve disagreements.
RSVP with Andrea Mann by February 13, 2019
(530) 492-0202 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or online at www.michiganallianceforfamilies.org/rsvp
If it is after the deadline and you haven’t registered, please call or email to check the status of the event.
If you require accommodations or materials in an alternative format, please let us know one week before the workshop.