How We Help
Michigan Family to Family (MI F2F) is staffed by family members with experience raising a child with special health care needs. We can help navigate the maze of health care services and programs. We provide information and resources to families to get the health care services and supports they need. We help families avoid or overcome barriers to care for their children. We work with both professionals and families to improve children’s health policies and programs in ways that help families.
- Information and referral
- Training opportunities for families, youth, and professionals
- Specialized training for parent leaders and organizations
- Linkages to local, regional, statewide and national partners
Who We Serve
It is estimated that about 1 in 5 families have at least one child with special health care needs. Children with special health care needs are children and young adults who have or are at risk for chronic physical, developmental, behavioral or emotional conditions. They require health and related services beyond that required by children generally. Like other children and youth, those with special health care needs deserve a happy, healthy life and the opportunity to become productive adults.
We support families with children and youth with special health care needs by:
- Providing a forum for families to connect and share information and resources
- Working for improved systems of care for children and youth with special health care needs
- promoting partnerships – including those of cultural, linguistic and geographic diversity – in order to improve healthcare services and policies for children