With Sandee Koski
THURSDAY, APRIL 11, 2019
1:00PM – 3:00PM
Sign-in opens at 12:30PM
TRAVERSE BAY AREA CAREER-TECH CENTER
880 Parsons Road, Traverse City 49686
This workshop provides information and tools for families with young children (up to 36 months) who are preparing for the transition to preschool.
This workshop will help you:
* Learn what the research says about high quality preschool
* Understand the importance of transition conference
* Review the transition timeline
* Locate preschool options in your community
* Identify the special education services your child is currently receiving and will need in preschool
* Learn the impact of Free and Appropriate Public Education in the Least Restrictive Environment decisions you and your team will be making
* Learn the vocabulary of the IEP meeting
RSVP with Nicole Miller by April 4, 2019
(231) 715-1503 or email@example.com
Or online at www.michiganallianceforfamilies.org/rsvp
If it is after the deadline and you haven’t registered, please call or email to check the status of the event.
If you require accommodations or materials in an alternative format, please let us know one week before the workshop.
The Children's Serious Emotional Disturbances Waiver (SEDW) provides services that are enhancements or additions to Medicaid State Plan coverage for children through age 20 with SED. The SEDW is a fee-for-service program administered by the Community Mental Health Services Programs (CMHSP) in some Michigan counties. All eligibility requirements and coverage areas are listed on the site.
, Grand Traverse
, St. Clair
, Van Buren
Organization that provides a variety of services, including behavioral health services and disability support services, including Life Skills Development, Activities of Daily Living Management, Case Management Liaison, Family Support, Transportation, Medication Reminders, Individual Service Planning, Structured Activities, Community Integration, Program Evaluation and Continuous Quality Improvement, Advocacy Services, 24-Hour On-Call Support, Respite, and Person-Centered Care.
, Advocacy & Support
, Case Management
, Community Resources
, Medical Services & Testing
, Support Group
, Support Other
, Transition to Adulthood